Brainerd Crossroads (BX) is the place where the entire community feels welcome to meet and connect with others, with members of BBC, but most important, with Jesus Christ, through a wide variety of interests, programs, sports and recreation
Brainerd Crossroads (the BX) is a multi-use fitness, recreation and meeting facility operated by Brainerd Baptist Church. This 54,000 square foot facility is open to the public. The BX offers many of the amenities found at a typical fitness center and meeting space to accommodate groups from 5 to 500 with the convenience of being located in the Belvoir community and being affordably priced.
Location: 4011 Austin St., Chattanooga, TN 37411
Contact: (423) 643-4978
Hours of operation
Saturday: 8am-3pm (Gym closes at Noon)
Sunday: Closed for church services.
- Please check gym schedule regularly for scheduled programs that may affect gym availability.
- Programmed activities will have priority over open gym play.
The BX offers meeting space for groups from 3 to 500. Catering can be provided for many events and non profit rates are available. PA systems, microphones, projectors, screens, and free Wi-Fi are available. Schedule your birthday party, reception, or next business meeting at the BX. The BX is minutes off the interstate, and has plenty of free parking.
- Room reservations are subject to availability.
- Weekend rentals are limited to Saturday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm only and no Sunday rentals.
- After hours fees may apply to evening events.
- Credit card will be held for security/damage deposit.
- Membership is open to all members of BBC and the community; a photo ID is required to register.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Children (under 14) are restricted to the basketball courts and game system area.
- Guests under 18 are eligible for their own membership, but must have a parent/legal guardian sign the liability release form. (NO exceptions)
$5/Day (per person)
$40 (per person)
$65 (per person)
$90 (per person)
The fitness center features these cardio and weight machines: treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent bikes, cybex stepper, leg curl, chest press, arm curl, tricep extension, adjustable cable crossover, should press, dip/chin assist, seated row, dip/ab, hyperextension, adjustable ab bench, leg press.
For professional instruction, an effective and safe workout, and little extra motivation, exercisers turn to the BX’s Group Fitness classes. Group Fitness classes offer a variety of cross training options including low impact classes, step training, flexibility training, and a variety of specialty classes. All classes are instructed by fitness professionals and individuals experienced in specific activities. Classes include Cardio Fusion, Fit for Seniors, Step Class, Circuit Sensations, and Bosu Balance. Find a class that works for you.
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events. Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. Health plans around the country offer our award-winning program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country. Find out if you are eligible for SilverSneakers.
Recreation and Programming
Through the BX, we serve our church family and the community by offering various recreational/sports, family, spiritual, and educational activities for all ages that build unity and fellowship among participants. We are constantly adding and changing its programming to meet the needs of the community. Some of the activities we offer are:
- Family Movie Nights
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Basketball & Volleyball
- Men's Soccer
- Children’s Soccer
- Group Bible Studies
- Support Groups (DivorceCare)
You’ll also have access to the 1/14 mile walking track, basketball courts, volleyball courts, pool table, foosball tables, indoor playground, video game area, aerobics room, shower & locker rooms, and free wifi. If you have young children, our childcare center offers care several days a week. In addition, the BX staff is always on hand to provide assistance or answer any questions you may have.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:30-11:30am
$3 per session or $25 for 12 sessions (punch card)
- BX childcare is for the use of BX members and their guests only.
- Parents must remain in the BX while their children are in childcare.
- Children with an illness or fever will not be permitted in childcare area.