Founding of the Church
Land purchased at 300 Brookfield Avenue for $2000 from funds made possible by Avondale Baptist Church.
Organization of a Baptist Church discussed at a meeting held at Brainerd Methodist Church.
Brainerd Baptist Church officially organized with 68 people joining.
Broke ground for basement of new church (now the Children’s Worship Area or the Underground)
Congregation moved from the tent in which they had been worshiping into the new building.
The church reported 172 members, 155 in Sunday School, and an offering of $15,483.45
Sprague Passes Away
Rev. Claude Sprague, Brainerd’s first pastor, passed away
Rev. Roy A. Grimsley called as pastor and remained until May 1, 1936
Rev. B. Frank Collins assumed the pastorate and remained for the next 10 years
First service in new sanctuary
First service held in new sanctuary (now the school gym). Sanctuary was built from bricks from Market Street that had been washed by members of the congregation. Total cost of building was $45,000.
Rev. Connie A. Dabney called as pastor. Under his leadership, the first issue of a church newsletter was published (1951); the first child care during a worship service was started (1952); the church services were broadcast on WDXB radio for $75 a week; new pastorium built; balcony added to sanctuary (1953); new educational building built (1956); 25% of the total church budget went to mission causes (1950) and in 1953 was increased to 35% and total membership was now 1,437.
Trinity chapel established
A mission church, Trinity Chapel, was established by the Brotherhood (a men’s organization of Brainerd Baptist) in the South Seminole area and was constituted on September 25, 1955 as South Seminole Baptist Church.
Frawley Road established
Frawley Road Baptist Church was established by the Brotherhood and became a Baptist Church in 1959
Brainerd Baptist Kindergarten
Brainerd Baptist Kindergarten was established with Mrs. Fonza Miller Barkley as director
Rev. J. Ralph McIntyre called to Brainerd
New Sanctuary Plans
Plans revealed for a new sanctuary; indebtedness on the education building was retired and the mortgage was burned
The first service in the new sanctuary is held.
TV Ministry begins
Brainerd’s worship service was the first in Chattanooga to be televised.
Brainerd Baptist School opens
Brainerd Baptist School opened with Charlotte Cain as principal and include 6 grades with 50 students
Dr. Winford L. Hendrix became pastor
Dr. Frank Crumpler called as pastor
New Educational Building
Ground broken for new Educational Building and chapel, which were dedicated on Dec 14, 1980
Rev. William C. Bond called as pastor
Dr. Darryl L. Craft began his ministry as pastor
Plans for new Building
Plans for future buildings on the property across Mayfair Avenue were presented to the church and were approved on May 4, 2003
Grand opening service for the new Brainerd Crossroads (BX)
Rev. Robby Gallaty preached the morning worship service in view of a call to be Senior Pastor of Brainerd. At a called business meeting that evening, the church voted unanimously to call Rev. Gallaty as Senior Pastor
Brainerd’s 80th Anniversary Services, Harvest Day and Rev. Gallaty’s first service as Senior Pastor of Brainerd.